Ph.D. candidate in Operations Research at MIT
Hello! I am a third-year PhD student in the Operations Research Center (ORC) at MIT, where I am advised by Prof. Negin Golrezaei. Prior to MIT, I received my B.S. in Applied Mathematics with a specialization in computing from UCLA in 2020.
My current research interests lie broadly in the areas of online learning, games and auctions, approximation algorithms and fairness, with applications to revenue management and online marketplaces.
Publications & Preprints
With N. Golrezaei, and F. Susan.
Under review at Management Science.
Finalist, INFORMS IBM Service Science Best Student Paper Competition
Finalist, INFORMS Social Media Analytics Best Student Paper Competition
Honorable Mention, INFORMS Minority Issue Forum Student Poster Competition
2022 MSOM Service Management SIG Conference (acceptance rate:12%)
2022 Revenue Management & Pricing Conference, Spotlight Presentation
With N. Golrezaei and D. Bouneffouf, in partnership with IBM Research.
Presented at IJCAI-ECAI Doctoral Consortium, July 2022
Presented at MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab Open House, 2021-2022
With M.A. Porter.
Journal of Complex Networks, February 2022.
With J.D. Moorman, T.K. Tu, X. He, and A.L. Bertozzi.
IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, February 2021.
A preliminary version, entitled "Filtering Methods for Subgraph Matching on Multiplex Networks", was accepted to 2018 IEEE International Conference on Big Data.
A follow-up work, "Inexact Attributed Subgraph Matching", was accepted to 2020 IEEE International Conference on Big Data.
"Fair Assortment Planning"
- INFORMS Annual Meeting, October 2022
- Young Researchers Workshop at Cornell University, October 2022
- MSOM Service Management SIG Conference, June 2022
- RMP Conference, Spotlight Presentation, June 2022
- EC'22 Poster Session, June 2022
- Marketplace Innovation Workshop (MIW), May 2022
"Dynamic Bandits with Temporal Structure"
- C3.ai Data, Learning, and Markets workshop at UIUC, October 2022
- IJCAI-ECAI 2022 Doctoral Consortium, July 2022
- MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab Poster Session, April 2022
- INFORMS Annual Meeting, October 2021
- MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab Poster Session, April 2021
September 2020 - May 2025 (Expected)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Candidate for Ph.D. in Operations Research; GPA: 5.0/5.0
Advisor: Prof. Negin Golrezaei
September 2016 - March 2020
University of California, Los Angeles
B.S. in Applied Mathematics, Specialization in Computing; GPA: 3.99/4.00
Advisor(s): Prof. Andrea Bertozzi, Prof. Mason Porter
Summa Cum Laude, College Honors, Departmental Honors
2019-2020 Recipient of Daus Scholarship in Mathematics